I absolutely adore the Lego games, my kids and I have hours of fun playing these games and since The Force Awakens was first announced, we wondered if we would see a Lego Game. Well, today Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Lucasfilm announced there will indeed be a game based on the movie. I can’t wait, check out the trailer below.
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens marks the triumphant return of the No. 1 LEGO videogame franchise and immerses fans in the new Star Wars adventure like never before. Players can relive the epic action from the blockbuster film in a way that only LEGO can offer, featuring all of the storylines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, retold through the clever and witty LEGO lens. The game will also feature exclusive playable content that takes players on adventures between Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, providing additional insight about the new movie and its characters.
• Relive the Blockbuster Action – Blast off into a new and improved LEGO Star Wars experience that takes fans deeper into the new film than any other game, retold through the clever and witty LEGO lens.
• Exclusive New Story Levels – Experience untold adventures set before Star Wars: The Force Awakens through exclusive new story levels that takes place between Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and the new film.
• Variety of Characters, Vehicles & Locations – Play as all of the heroic characters from the movie, including Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO, and BB-8, as well as Kylo Ren, General Hux and Captain Phasma, while exploring iconic Star Wars locales, such as Jakku and the Starkiller Base, and utilizing a multitude of vehicles along the way.
• Build… and Rebuild – Through the enhanced “Multi-Builds” system, players must choose from multiple building options – to puzzle solve, or just for fun – all advancing the game in different ways.
• Experience the Galaxy Like Never Before – Experience the thrill of high-speed, action-packed flight gameplay like never before, including arena-based battles and dogfights in space.
• Exciting New Blaster Battles – Use your surroundings as cover during intense blaster battles and drive back the relentless First Order.
• More “I” in A.I. – Enemy fighters can now build using LEGO bricks to support their fellow Stormtroopers, calling in air support, reinforcements or heavy artillery – taking the fight to the Resistance with the power of LEGO!
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens is set for release on June 28th.
Listen to our podcast on The Force Awakens.